We appreciate your business and in order to facilitate the buying process for you, we have provided an outline of our company policies below. If you still have any queries you are welcome to e-mail or call us for assistance during office hours.
All sales are final and we generally do not accept returns, especially of our live items, so please double check your order before finalising. If we have supplied a product incorrectly, or omitted a product, we will remedy the situation at our own cost.
All sales are subject to availability of stock. Our online store will be updated accordingly.
The products sold on this website are intended for use as functional foods /nutritional supplements or for use in the cultivation of mushrooms.
Please note that certain cultivation supplies, especially Gypsum, Calcium carbonate and Hydrated Lime must be stored and handled with caution and care. Please read up on and follow the advice on the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) of these chemicals before using them. Ensure that you don appropriate protective gear such as gloves, respiratory masks and goggles as per the MSDS’s when using them.
Terms of Sale for Live Agar Cultures, Grow Kits, Spawn
All our live mushroom products are produced and grown under sterile laboratory conditions. Our grow kits, agar slants and grain spawn cultures are made to order and may take between 2–6 weeks to produce, depending on the species and availability. It is advised that you to use an overnight courier option for delivery for all cultures, kits and grain spawn as these are living organisms and it is best to minimise all types of stress. Ensure that your package, immediately upon receipt, is placed in a dry area, away from direct sunlight or heat source.
Although our Ready to Grow mushroom Kits do come with a humidity tent and clear instructions to assist you with your mushroom growing experience, our agar cultures, grain and plug spawn do not. Customers are expected to purchase the cultures and spawn only if they know how to use them. These do not come with any instructions on how they may be used to produce mushrooms. We only provide short term storage instructions, the scientific name of the mushroom and approximate temperature parameters for cultivation on our website. As much as we’d love to help you, we do not explain how to grow mushrooms on the phone, via e-mail or on WhatsApp. We do offer courses on several aspects of mushroom growing for the hobbyist or small enterprise. We also gladly ‘tailor make’ classes to suit your specific needs. Please feel free to contact us about this. You’re also invited to regularly check on our social media pages and website for further details.
Below is a list of highly recommended resources which can assist you with learning many of the basic ‘nuts and bolts’ required for mushroom cultivation:
- The Mushroom Cultivator: A Practical Guide to Growing Mushrooms at Home, by Paul Stamets and J.S. Chilton
- Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms, by Paul Stamets
- Organic Mushroom Farming and Mycoremediation, by Tradd Cotter
- “Let’s Grow Mushrooms!” by Marc R Keith. (http://www.mushroomvideos.com)
- The 100thMonkeyMushrooms YouTube Channel by Jimm Stack. (https://www.youtube.com/user/100thMonkeyMushrooms/feed)
- The extracts and other mushroom products that we produce are not intended to replace the support and assistance of your health practitioner or to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. In general, if you are currently taking any medication, are diagnosed with any medical condition or are pregnant or nursing please check with your herbalist / integrative practitioner about the appropriateness of the use of medicinal mushrooms for you.
- Any information contained on this site or communication from ‘Shrooms for Improvement is presented for interests’ sake and educational purposes only and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Statements about the mushrooms are based on anecdotal information, historical use, textbooks and research publications and have not been evaluated by the MCC, the FDA or the MHRA.
- Our agar slants, grow kits and grain spawn are produced under sterile conditions to prevent colonisation by any opportunistic contaminants and care should be taken to work as aseptically as possible with them, for the same reasons. Use clean hands and utensils and work in a very clean area. The cultures do not come with any guarantees in terms of their abilities to produce mushrooms, even though they have all been acquired as viable fruiting strains and we have fruited them successfully. The reason for this is that any number of factors can and do affect culture viability and fruiting ability and we cannot know what conditions they have been subjected to once they reach their new home.
Limitation of Liability
By buying and/or using any of these products, you expressly agree that it is at your sole risk and that you are over 18 years of age.
The author and ‘Shrooms for Improvement or any of its affiliates accept neither liability nor responsibility to any person with respect to loss, injury or damage caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the use of any product/s or information contained on this website.
All information is provided for educational purposes to the best of our knowledge and should not be construed as definitive or absolute fact. Any hyperlinks to other websites or references presented on this website do not necessarily constitute an endorsement of the views expressed by the various authors, nor does it represent any affiliation with them. All information is presented for your reference and conversance. You access these websites solely at your own risk.